The Purchasing Manager oversees the daily/weekly functions within the department, including developing, implementing, and maintaining purchasing policies and practices to ensure competitive cost, highest quality, and timely delivery. The position will maintain material and supplies availability, monitor supply and production progress and procure necessary services and materials in order to meet production requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or supply chain management. Purchasing related certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Purchasing role.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, consideration will be given to an individual with 5-10 years progressive manufacturing procurement experience.
- In depth knowledge of financial, MRP/ERP systems and process in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of supply chain methodologies.
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including good attention to detail.
- Ability to make progress and achieve desired results within the desired timelines on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with solid problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products (e.g. Excel and Word)
- Ability to work under pressure and work independently with limited supervision.